POWERGRID, since inception, is giving special emphasis on integration of new technological products/services for enhancing performance of transmission system as well as improving the safety, security, quality and reliability of power supply infrastructure while optimizing the cost of transmission and minimizing environment impact. The company gives priority to technology development activities with potential for societal, environmental and national benefits by application of advance technologies and finding solutions to gear up for future challenges. POWERGRID recognizes the potential of adopting emerging technology and upgrading the technologies to further improve the system reliability and availability through research and development.
POWERGRID Advanced Research and Technology Centre (PARTeC) established by POWERGRID has been recognized as a Research & Test infrastructure facility by the International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN) for testing, simulation studies and research related works in Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and Smart Grid research infrastructure.
PARTeC follows Quality Management System and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Modeling and simulation of power Grid in Real Time Simulator and Power System Design & Simulation Lab.
- Studies and Analysis in Control and Protection system.
- Development of PMU analytics.
- Digital Substation and Process Bus.
- Residual life assessment (RLA) of power equipment.
- Big data analytics
- Power System Transient Studies using Real Time Simulator.
- Dynamic Testing of IEDs.
- IEC 61850 conformance related testing of IEDs.
- Design and Engineering of Digital Substation.
- Cyber Security, vulnerability assessment and audit of IEC 61850 systems.
- Big data analysis and analytics development for asset management.
- PMU Calibration and Compliance Testing as per IEEE C37.118.
- Field Testing and Residual Life Assessment studies.
- Electric and Magnetic Field Measurements and analysis for transmission line.
- Asset Mapping and Transmission line routing using Geographic Information System (GIS) tools.
- Structural failure and material analysis, quality assurance, in-services performances, validation and testing of new and in-service materials.
- Calibration and testing facilities.
- High Power Transmission Suspension Tower
- Thermal Energy Storage based Air Conditioning (A.C.) System, namely; “Nature’s AC”
- Asset Life Management System